We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist to join our team in Brussels. You will be joining an existing team of experienced Data Scientists, and will have the chance to build powerful predictive models for Natural Language Processing.
Darts-ip, based in Brussels, is the de-facto global source of case law information in the field of Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, etc).
Using our services and dedicated search tools, our customers can quickly identify relevant court decisions among millions of documents from all over the world, or aggregate and project data to produce high-value reports to support their strategic decision-making in the field of Intellectual Property.
In the Data Science department, we develop solutions for both internal and external customers mainly revolving around Natural Language Processing (NLP): document classification, entity extraction in text documents and semantic analysis.
// As a Data Scientist, everyday you will:
- Be part of an agile and enthusiastic team
- Learn and work with state of the art technologies in NLP
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and define project requirements
- Be responsible for your algorithm from initial design to production deployment
- Build new models to automate the extraction of data from text
- Validate results with internal stakeholders
// Technologies you will play with:
- Python, SQL
- Deep-learning libraries: TensorFlow and Keras
- Machine learning libraries such as sklearn
- Cloud services and web applications: Amazon AWS, Flask
// You will have the following profile:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Master in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of Python or a similar programming language
- Meaningful Data Science experience beyond typical MOOC assignments
- Proficient with mathematical concepts, especially linear algebra and probability theory
- Willingness to continuously adapt and research new models
- Willing to go the extra mile to make sure our algorithms are being used in production
You value customer satisfaction above all and are always keen on taking technical challenges and learning new technologies. You strive to improve the quality of your code and products, focusing on delivering value. You would enjoy working in a team within the flexible and dynamic environment of our head office in Brussels. You are comfortable working in English. We offer an attractive package commensurate with your experience which includes health insurance and meal vouchers.
Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Text based Information Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Document Classification, Image Processing, Image Recognition.
//What we offer
We offer an attractive package commensurate with your experience which includes health insurance and meal vouchers.
Please send a letter of introduction, and your CV to email@example.com
Darts-ip manages the largest and only global database of intellectual property case law. We gather cases from 119 different countries worldwide. Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and corporates who use our information to protect their rights.