Senior Java Developer
Darts-ip is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our existing Kolkata IT team, working with a global team of 10 experienced Java developers, DevOps and Solution Architects. Darts-ip, based in Brussels, is the global source of case law information in the field of Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, copyright, etc…). In India, we are Longbow Legal Services Pvt Limited which is a part of Darts-ip, based in Kolkata.
Using our services and dedicated search tools, our customers can quickly identify aggregate and project data to produce high-value reports to support their strategic decision-making in the field of Intellectual Property.
In the IT department, we develop solutions for both internal and external customers which span activities such as data collection, data processing, search and visualization tools as well as integration solutions and automated data extraction using machine learning algorithms.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Java-based applications/scalable microservices (eg. Spring)
- Estimate, Plan and implement feature requests
- Refactor, debug and optimize software components
- Test-Driven Development
- Completed university studies to degree level in a related subject (e.g. BE in Computer science, BCA/MCA)
- Minimum professional experience of 6-7 years
- Java 8
- Spring-Boot, Hibernate
- MySQL or any Relational Database
- Design Patterns
- RESTful Web Services
- JUnit, Mockito, SpringBootTest
- Knowledge of any front-end technology is an asset.
- Knowledge of HtmlUnit library is an asset.
WOULD BE AN ASSET
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn and work in a meticulous and organized manner
- Communicate persuasively & should be fluent in English & proactive.
- Impacts the business by the quality of own work and through the ability to deliver high quality and successful solutions within own area of expertise.
- Organized & enthusiastic to learn new things & self-develop
- Mastery of any other language.
- Previous professional experience with Intellectual Property.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of a highly entrepreneurial and dedicated team. We offer a full-time position with a competitive package and an opportunity to be part of a company that is rapidly growing, innovating and evolving. The Position is based in Kolkata.
Please send a letter of introduction and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Darts-ip manages the largest database of intellectual property case law and is the only one of its kind to offer global coverage. We gather cases from 119 different countries worldwide. Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and corporates who use our information to protect their rights.