Full-Stack Senior Java Web Developer
We are looking for a Full-Stack Senior Java Web Developer to extend our existing team of around 10 experienced Java developers, DevOps and Solution Architects.
Darts-ip, based in Brussels, is the de-facto global source of case law information in the field of Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, etc).
Using our services and dedicated search tools, our customers can quickly identify relevant court decisions among millions of documents from all over the world, or aggregate and project data to produce high-value reports to support their strategic decision-making in the field of Intellectual Property.
In the IT department, we develop solutions for both internal and external customers which span activities such as data collection, data processing, search and visualisation tools as well as integration solutions (with partners like Google Patents) and automated data extraction using machine learning algorithms.
// As a Java Engineer, everyday you will:
- Be part of an agile, devops oriented team
- Estimate, plan and implement feature requests
- Plan, implement, scale and maintain Java cloud-based services
- Refactor, debug and optimize software components
// As a Java Web Developer, you are a code fan with:
- Extensive experience in Java Development with focus on Web Application
- In depth know-how of Java frameworks for building scalable microservices (e.g. Spring)
- In depth know-how of RDBMS (MySQL)
- Experience in application of state-of-the-art software architecture
// Would be an asset:
- Mastery of any other language.
- Any experience in case law classification and/or analysis.
- Experience with legal content and the world of intellectual property.
// Technologies you will play with:
- Java 8 (Tomcat / Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, JSF, PrimeFaces)
- Cloud services (GCE & AWS)
- Mysql / NoSQL
You value customer satisfaction above all and are always keen on taking technical challenges and learning new technologies. You strive to improve the quality of your code and products, focusing on delivering value. You would enjoy working in a team within the flexible and dynamic environment of our head office in Brussels. You are comfortable working in English.
// What we offer
We offer an attractive package commensurate with your experience which includes health insurance and meal vouchers.
Please send a letter of introduction, and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Darts-ip manages the largest database of intellectual property case law and is the only one of its kind to offer global coverage. We gather cases from 119 different countries worldwide. Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and corporates who use our information to protect their rights.