We are looking for a Business and Financial Controller to join our team in Brussels. You will join our financial team which is in the process of enhancing its automated accounting and reporting systems. You will be involved in building and improving efficient budgeting and forecasting within each department. If you like challenges and you are a proactive team player, this is the job for you!
Darts-ip is composed of 7 legal entities in 5 different countries (+/- 250 people) with our headquarters in Brussels.
Darts-ip manages the largest and only global database of intellectual property case law. We collect cases from 119 different countries worldwide. Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on this data. Our main clients are lawyers and corporate entities who use our information to protect their rights.
// As Business and Financial Controller, you will report to the Financial Director and be responsible for:
- Analytical book-keeping analysis (checking and correction)
- Collection of financial information in liaison with our accountants from each country
- Set-up of monthly consolidated management reporting with KPI analysis per country and per activity
- Assisting and monitoring the year-end closing of each entity
- Setting-up of budgets per department, forecasts & rolling forecasts
- Accurate follow-up of quarterly sales performance versus forecast + calculation of commission fees
- Receivables management, in collaboration with our office manager
- Management of cash-flow
// You will have the following profile:
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- You have at least three years of relevant experience involving controlling and reporting activities.
- You are fluent in English
- You are organized and meticulous
- You demonstrate autonomy when required and are capable of collaborating in a multicultural environment.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be involved in creative processes, so a creative mind is a big asset
//What we offer
- A rare opportunity to be in the middle of the action in your domain of expertise, building financial best practices for a fast-growing, well-funded international scale-up company.
- An attractive package commensurate with your experience which includes health insurance and meal vouchers.
- A place in a human-sized and successfully growing Belgian company with a super creative and international young team
Please send a letter of introduction, and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Darts-ip manages the largest database of intellectual property case law and is the only one of its kind to offer global coverage. We gather cases from 119 different countries worldwide. Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and corporates who use our information to protect their rights.