A typical day of a Data Scientist at Darts-IP:
- Brainstorming with the domain experts and formulating the Business problem statement.
- Brainstorming with fellow data scientists to formulate the Machine Learning problem statement.
- The next phase is independently prototyping a simple solution using Python packages like Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Keras or Tensorflow.
- Evaluating the metrics and formulating the scope of improvement.
- Repeating steps 1 to 4 until Domain experts give a green signal.
- Taking models to production with the Data engineering team.
Qualities/profile expected from a Data Scientist at Darts-IP:
- Master in Engineering from a reputed university around the world.
- Strong mathematical skills with a clear understanding of the theory behind the Machine Learning models.
- Machine Learning knowledge beyond MOOCs.
- Expertise in Python with good programming skills.
A Data Scientist pitch of what Darts-IP does:
- At Darts-IP we collect legal text documents and images published by courts all around the world and we have over 100 legal experts across 30 different languages who manually analyse these documents and encode the information in the database.
- The Data Science team builds algorithms which assist our legal experts in information mining.
- The main products of the Data Science team include Document classifiers, Entity extractors, Image classifiers, and Similar Image identifiers.
- Our important algorithms include Deep learning algorithms like Attention Neural networks as well as Classical machine learning algorithms like SVM, PGM, etc…
- The main challenge involves tackling multilingual documents with varied text quality and imbalanced datasets.
A Client pitch of what Darts-IP does:
- Darts-ip manages the largest and only global database of intellectual property case law. We gather cases from 138 different countries worldwide.
- Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and corporates who use our information to protect their rights.
What we offer:
- A place in a human-sized and successfully growing company with a highly creative and international young team. You will be part of a highly entrepreneurial and dedicated team.
- An attractive package commensurate with your experience.
- Darts-IP is a dynamic team of 240 people around the world. At Darts-IP, everyone takes ownership of a part of the business and contributes to creating a fun, proactive, and professional environment. Decisions are made fast with a ‘can-do’ approach and teamwork is paramount.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com