AI Operations Data Analyst – Brussels
Darts-ip is a leading Legal Tech company based in Brussels, Belgium. With more than 4.5 million
Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, etc). Using our services and dedicated search tools, our
customers can quickly identify, aggregate and project data to produce high-value reports to support
their strategic decision-making in the field of Intellectual Property.
Darts-ip is a lively and dynamic company, where team members are committed to growing the
business, working hard and having fun. Decisions are made fast with a ‘can-do’ approach and
teamwork is paramount.
Day of a Data Analyst in Darts-ip’s Artificial Intelligence Operations team:
1. Working with domain experts to translate the Business problem statement into
Machine Learning problem statement.
2. Brainstorming with fellow data scientists on how to best tweak State of the Art
Machine learning models to achieve optimal results.
3. Train and Roll out large scale machine learning algorithms to production.
4. Digging into complex machine learning models to reason out the predictions.
5. Repeating steps 2 to 4 until domain experts give a green signal.
Qualities expected from a Data Analyst in Darts-ip’s AI Ops team:
- Master in Engineering from a reputed university around the world.
- Strong Mathematical skills with a strong interest in AI.
- Expertise in Python with good programming skills.
Why Darts-ip for our Data Analyst?
- At Darts-ip, we collect legal text documents and images published by courts all
around the world and we have over 100 legal experts across 30 different languages
who manually analyse these documents and encode the information in the
- The AI OPS team rolls-out algorithms which assist our legal experts in information
mining, significantly reducing workload, while maintaining quality and increasing
- The main products rolled out by the AI Ops team include Document classifiers, Entity
extractors, Image classifiers and Similar Image identifiers, Extractors of legal
A Client pitch of what Darts-ip does:
- Darts-ip manages the largest and only global database of intellectual property case
law. We gather cases from 119 different countries worldwide.
- Our clients search our database via our web-based search tool and we produce
tailor-made reports on the data we gather. Our main clients are lawyers and
corporates who use our information to protect their rights.
What we offer:
- A place in a human-sized and successfully growing company with a highly creative
and international young team. You will be part of a highly entrepreneurial and
- An attractive package commensurate with your experience.