darts-ip for Academia
In addendum to the Darts-ip Standard Terms and Conditions, access to the Darts-ip Database will be strictly limited to academic use. Users will under no circumstances use the database in the course of any commercial activities. Moreover, the customer shall not:
– Make the database or parts of it available to a third party for use in the third party’s business operations, such as a law firm or company (unless explicit and written consent is provided by the Provider with the possibility to opt-out at any time);
– Use the information in the Provider’s database in such a way as to compete with the services of the Provider;
– Systematically, and in large amounts, download documents found in the Provider’s database;
– Disclose any results found on the Provider’s database without proper referencing to the Provider: and/or
– Use the Provider’s database or information contained therein in any other inappropriate manner.
For publishing data, prior permission from Darts-ip is mandatory.
WHAT CAN DARTS-IP OFFER ACADEMIA?
- Access hidden case law that is not published anywhere else
- Find case law based on specific legal topics across jurisdictions
- Visualise trends with our insights tool
- Confidence that each key point in a decision has been identified, no matter the language
WHAT IS THE DARTS-IP CASE LAW DATABASE?
Darts-ip’s IP case law database, covering Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Designs and Models, Domain Names and Unfair Competition, provide students and academic researchers a unique search platform to locate pertinent cases. With over 4 million IP cases from around the globe digitized and analyzed, Darts-ip gives researchers an unprecedented view to worldwide IP issues. Beyond simple access to cases, new advances in AI and machine learning are available to help visualize data and identify trends.
Interactive Data Visualization Feature
With Insights, rapidly view and analyse large amounts of case law data at a glance through a clear graphical overview. Navigate different search scenarios by exploring the different chart elements in order to identify areas that require attention and directly view the related case documents.
When you need to see the forest through the trees
With Darts-ip reports, you can assess the facts and gain new insights to generate local and global strategies without drilling into each individual case in the Darts-ip databases.
Our reports are custom made and can virtually take any form (chart, table,…).
Simply tell us what your question is and how you would like to see the data.